Saturday, September 28, 2013

28th September 2013 Kashan, Iran to Yazd, Iran

28th September 2013 Kashan, Iran to Yazd, Iran

I had a fruit breakfast with different types of melon and fresh dates... the finest dates I have ever eaten.

The manager of the Kashan Negarestan had recommended a visit into the old city to take a look at some of the historic homes..... I dutifully visited. Externally there Is nothing to be seen, I found myself in a neighbourhood that was very ordinary. A local nudged me in the direction of an entrance to the Abbasian House. I paid an entry fee of 75,000IR and was frankly prepared to be disappointed. The house was exquisite.... a maze of corridors, courtyards, stained glass, mirrored walls and ceilings





















To be honest, I spent too little time in the Abbasian house.  I set out for Yazd at 10.00 am.
The motorway ran out after 40 miles. Iran's dual carriageways are nothing to be ashamed of. I travelled through true wilderness and occasionally encountered civilization....... 




Yazd mileometer19976 (253 miles riden)

No comments:

Post a Comment