Monday, September 16, 2013

16th September 2013 Brussels, Belgium to Reichenberg, Germany


16th September 2013
Brussels, Belgium to Reichenberg, Germany.  It rained I stayed dry!
I woke up to blue skies and fair weather. Brussels was waking up and was busy. It took 30 minutes to get out of the city. My jouney was again chilly but none the less pleasant. I crossed the German border and realised that the cloud cover was denser and more likely to yield rain. My preparations for wet weather riding have been typically minimal. I purchased a new Decathlon rain jacket and a pair of over trousers. My purchases came to something like £16.99….. You have a sense of my investment … I have never worn them in the rain, let alone whilst riding a motorcycle… you have a sense of my preparartion.
I stopped and put on my over trousers and jacket before it rained. They are surprisingly good at keeping you warm… cutting the wind chill. The first raindrops fell and I knew that quite quickly my boots (more boutique than biker) and gloves would soon be sodden. I pulled over again and put my overboots and overgloves on.
It began to rain very heavily and I stayed dry! And I mean it rained heavily….. I will now take great care of my rain gear... I know that I am only a small snag, tear, rip or puncture away from a drenching.
I now realise how lucky I was during 2012’s ride, with consistent fair weather.
I arrived in Reichenberg, a small Bavarian village. My accommodation…. Pension Schlossberg is a lovely place, right in the heart of the old centre of the village. I have a garage to park my bike in and there is a Pizza takeaway near by……


Pension Schlossberg
 

 











Pension


























Reichenberg school house














Reichenberg mileometer 16658  ( 314 miles ridden)

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment