Sunday, September 22, 2013

22nd September Bolu, Turkey to Sivas, Turkey

22nd September Bolu, Turkey to Sivas, Turkey

Another fine days riding. Again rain was looking likely but ultimately not a drop fell.
My route took me to and around Ankarra, then on to Yozgat and Sivas. Before leaving the motorway network I finally managed to buy the HGS road tax that is required. For other travellers.... I purchased HGS at a motorway service station (Servis Alani) It cost 36TL. You need your passport and bike registration documents.  As I travelled eastward the roads became quieter and quieter. I covered close to 400 miles today and the latter part of the day was a pain in the neck, literally not metaphorically. I further lament the sale of my tall screen.

HGS motorway toll sticker on bike screen


















Today's journey reinforces the scale of Turkey.


Bolu to Sivas .... 400 miles ish













































 












 
Just like a Costa

 
When I arrived in Sivas I made way to the city centre. I then asked locals for directions. Finally a guy in his 60's climbed onto the back of my bike, no crash helmet, not a word of English spoken, he guided me to Hotel Buruciye, 49€.  I am faintly embarrassed about quite how opulent this hotel is. I have been upgraded to a suite, photographs do not do it justice.


 

I went walkabout to live like common people live, I had another delicious kebab. I again feel faintly embarrassed that it must appear that my adventure primarily entails drinking coffee, eating kebabs and drinking beer.
 
Oh and I saw the city's ancient minarets.
 
Outside I can hear quite a commotion. It is either civil unrest or a rowdy group of football fans? My nerves are all a jangle...Now exactly where is the hotel's bar?
 

 
 
Sivas mileometer 18560 (375 miles ridden)
 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment