Thursday, September 19, 2013

19th September 2013 Brodski Stupnik, Croatia to Nis, Serbia

19th September 2013 Brodski Stupnik, Croatia to Nis, Serbia

Raining when I departed, rained the whole journey, raining when I arrived.
I got wet. 300 mile ride in rain that was... heaven weeping. Relentless driving rain got through my overboots and overgloves. Difficult to pick out the positives from the days ride. Maybe fuel consumption was slightly better because I had to ride slowly. The rain washed all the squshed and dried bugs of my screen. I didnt get any punctures during Noahs flood.

At every toll both I produced a ticket that was inevitably sodden. The machine wouldnt read the tickets. There was no plan B. On every occaision staff had to dry my ticket before I could proceed.

I am staying in a place that I stayed in last year... "The only one studios" Nis.
This is an amazing place for 15 Euros. Penny for penny the best accommodation I have ever stayed in.

I will drink Serbian beer tonight...... As it turned out the bar i liked the look of didnt take Euros or VISA. MacDonalds were much more accommodating. A BigMac is always a BigMac.


I'm loving it

















My evening in Nis ended nicely. I met up with Deian and Sharron. Deian runs the Vespa Bar, Nis... http://www.vespabar.com/  and has just completed his own epic  6000km ride Nis, Serbia to York, England and back on a Vespa scooter! http://byvespa.vespabar.com/about/



Nis mileometer 17573 (281 miles ridden)

No comments:

Post a Comment