Saturday, September 21, 2013

21st September 2013 Edirne, Turkey to Bolu, Turkey

21st September 2013 Edirne, Turkey to Bolu, Turkey

Fine weather all day, although rain had been forecast for the latter part of my days journey.
Turkey has very nice motorways. You are meant to pay to use them, but try as I might I was unable to identify, the where, the when, the how and to whom. I am genuinely concerned about this. The automatic toll boths photograph me repeatedly and I am in no hurry to add un paid toll fees to my list of missdemeanours.




















I am staying at the Remay Hotel in Bolu 40€. The hotel is family run, the place is immaculately clean and the staff delightfull. I have a lovely room. My bike is parked at the front door under a cctv camera. The staff rolled out a red carpet for me and all is well (.....possibly the red carpet was in fact a fixture and fitting of the hotel)
The staff have taught me my first Turkish word... mȅrhāba .... pronounced Meer ha ba... "Hello!" I have taught my self to remember this word on account of its remarkable closeness to Beer Kebab....

For the purpose of research and investigation I have eaten another BigMac meal. I can tell you that a Turkish BigMac is absolutely not one bit different to a Serbian BigMac. If Iran has a MacDonalds my important work will continue there.

I'm loving it..... again


















Bolu Mileometer 18185 (310 miles ridden)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment